Gift Voucher Terms
In addition to these Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions please also read the nscience terms and conditions.
- A Gift Voucher is a prepaid payment Voucher which may be used to pay for goods and services at nscience UK (www.nscience.uk). As of now, nscience gift vouchers are not redeemable at nscience family sites including www.nsciencelearning.com. The purchase of a Gift Voucher is the purchase of a means of payment, it is not a deposit. You will not earn interest on the balance of the Voucher.
- A Gift Voucher may be used by the purchaser of the Gift Voucher or it may be given to another person as a gift.
- Gift Vouchers can be used as full or part payment towards the total invoice value. No cash change will be given, any remaining balance will remain on the gift Voucher until the expiry date shown on the gift Voucher.
In the case of part payment, the person using the Gift Voucher will be required to pay the outstanding amount of the purchase by an alternative means, for example, cash or debit or credit card.
- Your Gift Voucher will cease to be valid 24 months from the date of purchase – this is referred to as the “expiry date”. On that date, the Voucher will cease to function and you will not be entitled to use the Voucher. The associated balance of the Voucher (if any) at the expiry date will be forfeited, therefore you should use the full value of the Voucher before its expiry date. Any funds forfeited will be used for the ongoing operation of the gift Voucher programme.
- Services need to be booked in advance. Once you have received your gift Voucher(s), please have your gift Voucher number available when making your booking.
- Vouchers do not provide priority access to bookings.
Cancellation period and refund procedure
- The purchaser of the Voucher is entitled to a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period. Only the person who has purchased the Gift Voucher will be able to request a refund, subject to proof of identity, production of the original receipt and the return of the Gift Voucher. Any refund will be made by returning funds to the source of the original Gift Voucher purchase; for example if the Voucher was purchased using a credit card, funds will be returned to that credit card.
- After 14 days from the date of purchase all Gift Vouchers are strictly non-refundable.
Lost or stolen gift vouchers
- You are responsible for keeping your Gift Voucher and its details safe. This means you must take all reasonable steps to avoid the loss, theft or misuse of the Gift Voucher or details. Do not disclose the Gift Voucher details to anyone except where necessary to complete a transaction.
- If you lose your Gift Voucher or it is stolen please let us know immediately by telephoning 020 7096 1722. You will be asked to provide your Gift Voucher number and other information to verify that you are the authorised Voucher holder. Following satisfactory completion of the verification process, we will immediately block any lost or stolen Gift Voucher to prevent unauthorised use and cancel any damaged Gift Voucher to prevent further use.
- After you have notified us of the loss, theft or damage of your Gift Voucher and providing that we are able to identify your Voucher and satisfy certain security checks, you will be able to collect a replacement Voucher from us. A cancellation and replacement fee of £10 per Gift Voucher will be deducted from the remaining balance on the Gift Voucher, or you may elect to pay the fee separately.
Replacement Vouchers can only be collected up to the expiry date of the original Voucher.
- In the event of a replacement Voucher being issued, the original expiry date of the gift Voucher will be retained.
- The cooling off period described in Section 8 does not apply to replacement Vouchers.
- All telephone enquiries in connection with a Gift Voucher should be made to Customer Services by calling 020 7096 1722.
Changes to these terms and conditions
- These Terms and Conditions may be changed or amended at any time for legal, regulatory or security reasons or to enable the proper delivery of or to improve the delivery of the Gift Voucher scheme. Copies of the revised Terms and Conditions will be made available online at www.nscience.uk.
- Due to the nature of Gift Voucher programmes, it is often difficult or impossible for us to contact each individual Voucher holder in the event of a change to these terms & conditions. It is therefore the responsibility of both the Gift Voucher purchaser and the recipient to check the website www.nscience.uk regularly for changes to terms & conditions. We will assume that you have done so, and will be entitled to assume you have accepted any changes to these terms & conditions unless you notify us otherwise.
Terms in electronic form
These terms and conditions are provided in electronic form. We may provide required information to you by email at the address you specified at the time of voucher purchase. Notices emailed to you will be deemed given and received when the email is sent. Both the voucher purchaser and voucher recipient are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of these terms
You accept these terms and conditions when you purchase a gift voucher, receive a gift voucher, redeem a gift voucher or use a gift voucher to make purchases at www.nscience.uk.